martes, 25 de noviembre de 2014

PRESENT PERFECT. UNIT 7

Present Perfect - Use

1) Result of an action in the past is important in the present

I have cleaned my room.

2) Recently completed action

He has just played handball.

3) State beginning in the past and still continuing

We have lived in Canada since 1986.

4) together with lately, recently, yet

I have been to London recently.

Signal words

just, yet, never, already, ever, so far, up to now, recently, since, for

Form

have/has + past participle

Examples

Affirmative sentences:

I have cleaned my room.
I've cleaned my room.
You have cleaned your room.
You've cleaned your room.

Negative sentences:

I have not cleaned my room.
I've not cleaned my room.
I haven't cleaned my room.
You have not cleaned your room.
You've not cleaned your room.
You haven't cleaned your room.

Questions:

In the Present Perfect we put the auxiliary (have or has) before the subject
(Auxiliary - Subject - Verb - Rest). see: Questions in Present Perfect
Have I cleaned my room?Have you cleaned your room?


Put in the verbs in brackets into the gaps. Use Present Perfect.


Toggle example
1) Karen me an e-mail. (to send)
2) Dave and Pat the museum. (to visit)
3) I at the pet shop. (to be)
4) They already their rucksacks. (to pack)
5) Marcus an accident. (to have)
6) We the shopping for our grandmother. (to do)
7) I just my bike. (to clean)
8) Emily her room. (to paint)
9) Lisa and Colin to a concert. (to go)
10) My friends smoking. (to give up)
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario